Did you know that Rooibos means "red bush" in Afrikaans?
Rooibos, which belongs to the pea plant that grows in South Africa, is in no way related to the tea plant, although it is sometimes called tea in Finland. Rooibos is an herbal tea that can be brewed and enjoyed in the same way as tea. Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and is easy to brew, as it does not become bitter from boiling water or too long a brewing time. It tastes good both hot and cold.
Rooibos has many researched health effects. Rooibos:
- Can strengthen bones
- Helps with high cholesterol and blood pressure, diabetes, liver function and allergy symptoms thanks to the high amount of antioxidants
- Can prevent the growth of malignant tumors
- Is very stomach-friendly, calms the stomach and facilitates digestion
- Can help with weight control by making you feel full and speeding up fat metabolism
- Can slow down skin aging and maintain hair condition
You can get to know Forsman's rooibos family in our online store!